Free Online Program: Hope and Reasons for Living – Solution Focused Suicide Prevention
“Anyone who is supporting another person’s reasons for living is doing suicide prevention.“ (Heather Fiske)
Join Elfie’s birthday project and be part of this free mini online course “Hopes and Reasons for Living – Solution Focused Suicide Prevention”. More than 200 people have already joined in, be one of them!
This project includes:
- Elfie’s welcome video with what brought her to do this birthday project about Solution Focused Suicide Prevention,
- a recording of a live webinar with Heather Fiske, Brigitte Lavoie, Elfie Czerny and other great practitioners about “Hope and Reasons for Living – Solution Focused Suicide Prevention”,
- a follow-up video conversation with Heather Fiske and Brigitte Lavoie about Hope in Action (Solution Focused Suicide Prevention),
- other resources connected to the topic.
In this course we will talk about:
- what is special about the Solution Focus in suicide prevention,
- the fit of Solution Focus practice with the demands of suicide prevention,
- practical Solution Focus skills that are useful in intervening with people with suicidal ideation,
- how Solution Focus conversation can highlight and reinforce hope and reasons for living.
Heather Fiske has over 45 years of clinical experience and is the author of the book “Hope in Action: Solution Focused Conversations about Suicide”. Currently she is in private pracitise and is active in clinical consultation, supervision and education. Heather has served as a Director of the Canadian Association of Suicide Prevention (CASP) and is one of the founders of the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Association (SFBTA). Heather was a guest on our Simply Focus Podcast #27.