SFP 27 – Episode 27: Hope in Action: A Conversation about Solution Focused Suicide Prevention with Heather Fiske, Ph.D.
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #27
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 27 - Episode 27: Hope in Action: A Conversation about Solution Focused Suicide Prevention with Heather Fiske
In today’s episode, we talk with Heather Fiske, PH.D., Author of “Hope in Action” and a great Solution Focused clinician, about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus
- how she felt like coming home when she attended Insoo Kim Berg’s workshop
- how her work and her listening changed after she met Insoo for the first time
- her professional responsibility to stay hopeful and how she communicates that to her clients
- the importance of what we say and what we don’t say
- how she works in a Solution Focused way with people mentioning suicide as an option and their support system
- how her work with parents changed over time
- reasons for living and the free webinar „Hope and Reasons for Living – Solution Focused Suicide Prevention“ we did with Brigitte Lavoie and Heather Fiske
- asking the best hopes-question and the miracle question in suicide prevention
- her book title „Hope in Action – Solution-focused Conversations about Suicide“
- how Brenda Zalter-Minden and she crashed the train-the-trainer course of Insoo Kim Berg and Steve de Shazer
- the importance of Solution Focused listening and mindfulness or having a quiet mind
- The challenge of the week: Before you go into a meeting or a conversation think about the common ground you share with the people that you are going to be talking to.
- Learn more about Solution Focus and SF suicide prevention:
- Heather Fiske’s book “Hope in Action: Solution-focused Conversations About Suicide”
- Hear the podcast with Brigitte Lavoie a.o. about implementing a suicide prevention program for the province of Quebec: SFP 25 – Episode 25: Seeing Opportunities – Pull the Golden Ribbon: Interview with Brigitte Lavoie, M.P.s, Solution Focused Therapist, Trainer and Supervisor
- Check out Elfie’s birthday project: The FREE online program about “Hope and Reasons for Living – Solution Focused Suicide Prevention“
- Get to know Heather’s friend Brenda Zalter-Minden and the lovely podcast we did with her: SFP 20 – Episode 20: FROG or Forever Recognize Other’s Greatness: Interview with the greatness detective Brenda Zalter-Minden
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Celebrating a great time in a beautiful spot!
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.