SFP 81 – Episode 81: Useful Solution-Focused Habits and Tools: Refocusing in Everyday Life with Julia Kalenberg
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #81
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 81 - Episode 81: Useful Solution-Focused Habits and Tools: Refocusing in Everyday Life with Julia Kalenberg
“I think it’s so important to also tell other people how they contribute to your life, how they make a difference for your life. And this also helps me for my life and for my well-being.”
“I was once introduced by a colleague of the University of St. Gallen. He introduced me to the participants and said: ‚This is Frau Kalenberg, the master of small steps.‘”
“Yes, I am convinced that it all begins with yourself. And that’s why I invite leaders to begin with themselves to think about what they need to really fully develop their potential and to be at their best. And when they do and fulfil what they need to be at their best, they create a positive ripple effect in their organisation.”
“I put a pin-wall in front of the store and I invited every customer who came into the store to write on a small post-it note: ‘What was my best moment in the store with the team.’, ‘What do I really appreciate about the store team.’, ‘And what was my best moment in the Dorfladen Zimmerwald?’ So, people had the opportunity to say thank you to the store team.”Julia Kalenberg
In today’s episode, we talk with Julia Kalenberg, a Solution-Focused Practitioner and expert in applying Solution Focus to herself, about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus,
- how she constantly strives to focus in her life,
- her solution-focused tools that she applies for herself on a daily base, e.g. her little preferred future or the I-O principle, and the differences that makes for her and people around her,
- how she applies tools for herself very consequently to create useful habits,
- her fascination of working with leaders of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs),
- how she invites other people to use SF ideas for themselves, e.g. with the personal flourishing instruction, the smiley stones, resource gossip, the diary of solutions, the bean experiment and more,
- the ripple effects leaders create with the tools she lets them experience,
- her „fulfilled life“-project and the story of Aschi,
- how she uses SF in her community, e.g. at the 10 years anniversary of the local store in Zimmerwald,
- what is important to her in her work,
- showing vulnerability.
- The challenge of the week: „Ask yourself everyday the I-O questions: “What have I done that I am really happy with? Tap on your own shoulder. “What has another person done that made a difference in your life? And have you also told them?”
- Find out more about Julia and her work at her website >>>, where you’ll also find some of Julia`s articles in English and German.
- Here >>> you can read Aschi’s story that Julia shared on the podcast.
- Check out the card set “50 inspiring ideas for leaders” (in German) here >>>. The card set is currently only available in German language. An english version will come soon.
- See Julia explaining how she uses the I-O principle to invite leaders with handprinted stones and the two questions to refocus in their lives and become better and happier leaders.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
SF at the Dorfladen Zimmerwald
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Julia and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.