SFP 80 – Episode 80: Looking up: An Encouraging Space for Change with Ira Mollay
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #80
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 80 - Episode 80: Looking up: An Encouraging Space for Change with Ira Mollay
“Solution Focus always reminds me of that: It’s just life moving towards the light, towards where something can grow and develop.”
“I strongly believe that we have enough resources to provide a good life for everyone on this planet. My preferred future is one where people work together all across the globe where we work towards a common goal.”
“What if I were a space team doing a project in space? What would be the things that I would have to take into account? What would be the questions that would be asked from this team? And this was absolutely fascinating!”
“If you look for it and if you are ready to embrace it, to see it, to find it, there is beauty to be found everywhere, in every place, in every person, in every situation.”Ira Mollay
In today’s episode, we talk with Dr. Ira Mollay, Chief Encouraging Officer and Founder of the Mutmacherei, about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus,
- the Mutmacherei and how it started with the good news initiative,
- focusing on progress towards a preferred future for the world and some of the initiatives that go into that direction,
- her preferred future,
- her contribution as chief encouraging officer directing the attention to what is already working,
- the „Mut in the City“-walk and how seeing positive initiatives encourages to participate,
- her „soil“ metaphor and how to contribute to a fertile common ground,
- how her space fascination – iridium flares, iridium satellites, orbital mechanics, the overview effect and more – informs her practice,
- how to apply space metaphors in coaching,
- the differences her space knowledge makes for her and the Mutmacherei,
- that there is beauty to be found everywhere and the practice it needs to see it.
- The Challenge of the Week: „Go out into the world and notice what you notice. What captures your attention? And then consciously try to spot the positive things and find the beautiful things.”
- Learn more about Ira’s work and about the Mutmacherei here >>> (German)
- Connect with the Mutmacherei on Facebook – the ongoing experiment of finding daily pieces to your preferred future for the planet (German, and often with English links)
- Check out Ira`s FREE webinar How to bring more positivity into your life (English)
- Join Mut rund um die Welt – The Mutmacherei newsletter (German)
- Be part of the 7-day challenge on how to overcome negative thoughts (German)
- And here you go to support the Mutmacherei with your donations (German)
- To learn more about the iridium flares check out these resources:
- Find out more about the Overview Effect here:
Overview – A short film on the overview effect of awe and unity experienced by astronauts (English),
Ron Garan’s book The Orbital Perspective. Lessons in Seeing the Big Picture from a Journey of 71 Million Miles as well as Frank White’s book The Overview Effect: Space Exploration and Human Evolution,
- the Online course “Introduction to the Orbital Perspective“ (English) Ira mentioned in the podcast.
- Find out more about the Solution-Focused manifesto for social change on the Facebook-Group of The Solution-Focused Collective. You are also invited to contribute and be further involved.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Ira and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!