SFP 78 – Episode 78: Positive Differences: Solution Focus for Performance and Resilience with Janine Waldman, MSc FCIPD
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #78
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 78 - Episode 78: Positive Differences: Solution Focus for Performance and Resilience with Janine Waldman, MSc FCIPD
In today’s episode, we talk with Janine Waldman, MSc FCIPD, solution-focused coach, trainer, facilitator and author, about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus,
- how she learned Solution Focus and how her work changed with it,
- how her understanding of being Solution Focused changed,
- the Solution Focused tools that fascinate her,
- projects that she is currently involved where she applies Solution Focus,
- Solution Focus in performance management conversations and in everyday interactions at the workplace,
- the brilliance of skillful managers applying Solution Focus,
- offering Solution Focus as a choice and training it,
- resilience and Solution Focus,
- four dimensions of resilience,
- that clients are doing the work, so trust the process,
- the power of using and amplifying positive differences.
- The challenge of the week: „ Over the next week, rate your days at the end of the day. 10 is the best it’s been and 1 is the opposite. And ask yourself: “How come it was so high? What did I contribute? What was the best day? How come? What is useful in this?”
- Learn more about Janine and her work at The Solutions Focus and J9W – Developing people.
Check out Janine’s books she co-autored with Paul Z. Jackson Positively Speaking, The Art of Constructive Conversations with a Solutions Focus, the Resilience Pocket Book and Engagement, Resilience and Performance: An executive guide to getting results for you and your organisation.
Here you can find out more about SOLWorld.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Janine and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!