SFP 77 – Episode 77: It’s Not Your Life! Being Neutral in Solution Focused Conversations with Chris Iveson
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #77
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 77 - Episode 77: It's Not Your Life! Being Neutral in Solution Focused Conversations with Chris Iveson
In today’s episode, we talk with Chris Iveson of BRIEF, about
- what fascinates him with Solution Focus and the BRIEF minimalism,
- how they developed lists, the best hopes question, the tomorrow question and much more,
- how they got into Solution Focus and started BRIEF,
- the value of trying to be neutral in conversations with our clients,
- the shift from „doing“ to „noticing“,
- what fascinates him about neutrality,
- keeping it simple and opening up possibilities for our clients,
- the magic of the miracle and the tomorrow question and detailed descriptions,
- not using presuppositional questions,
- helping clients to formulate detailed descriptions,
- trying to make questions content free,
- the work with Evan George and Harvey Ratner.
- The Challenge of the week: „Your next embrace with somebody you love: Notice how you show each other your mutual love in the way that you conduct the embrace, sort of microsecond by microsecond.“
- Check out the BRIEF website and the BRIEF Facebook page, a.o. with Evan’s Sunday posts.
- Read the BRIEF books:
- Brief Coaching – A Solution Focused Approach (Iveson, George, Ratner)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy 100 key points and techniques (Ratner, George, Iveson)
- Brief Coaching With Children And Young People: A Solution Focused Approach (Ratner, Yusuf)
- You might also want to check out “Problem to Solution: Brief Therapy with Individuals and Families” (George, Iveson, Ratner); “Whose Life? Community Care of Older People and their Families” (Iveson).
- Here you can find out more about the BRIEF Summer School and other BRIEF courses.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Chris and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!