SFP 71 – Episode 71: Facilitating Change With Teams: John Brooker About Collaborating and the DNA of Solution Focus
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #71
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 71 - Episode 71: Facilitating Change With Teams: John Brooker About Collaborating and the DNA of Solution Focus
„Don’t ask yourself what Solution Focus can do for you. Ask what you can do for Solution Focus.”
„My personal feeling is that Solution Focus gives us agility.”
„I believe if we ran all organisations in a solution-focused way, that we could transform the world.”John Brooker
In today’s episode, we talk with John Brooker, Solution-Focused Meeting Facilitator and Innovator, Author and Co-President of SFiO (Solution Focus in Organisations), about
- what fascinates him with Solution Focus,
- what differences Solution Focus made for him in the beginning and how his team facilitations changed,
- his constructive rant or how to turn difficult topics into „what they want instead?“ in the beginning,
- solution-focused collaboration and his DNA metaphor,
- how to navigate and maintain space and pace in team workshops,
- his team impetus as an agile team metaphor,
- SFiO (Solution Focus in Organisations) and vision as co-president.
- The Challenge of the week: „Think about what you could contribute to the development of SF. What is one tiny little thing you could do today?”
- Check out John’s profile on his website “Yes! And…”, connect with John on Facebook, and checkout his book “The Creative Gorilla: Innovate To Learn; Don’t Learn To Innovate”
- Get to know more about John’s Team Impetus and other creative solution-focused facilitation tools on his blog.
- Learn more about SFiO (Solution Focus in Organisations), their InterAction Online Journal with the latest episode with videos of the SOLWorld-Conference 2019 in Budapest coming out soon, and join their LinkedIn group.
Join the conversation
Share, share, share! You know that friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with John and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!