SFP 70 – Episode 70: What’s your URP? Helping Small Businesses and Charities to Grow with Andrew Gibson
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #70
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 70 - Episode 70: What's your URP? Helping Small Businesses and Charities to Grow with Andrew Gibson
„It (SF) helps people very quickly and efficiently to make progress on their own terms.“
„If they tell me who else is involved and how it helps them and what differences it is making for them, for the other people involved in this, that’s how we start looking to see who is going to benefit the most.”
„People think of the action as the solution. (…) And of course, our solution-focused practice is to think about the outcomes and the preferred future before you take action. And that is fundamentally different.”Andrew Gibson
In today’s episode, we talk with Andrew Gibson who is helping small businesses and charities to grow with Solution Focus, about
- what fascinates him about Solution Focus,
- a story of how he helped someone recently and the differences this question can make,
- his Solution Focused process of how he helps small businesses and charities to grow,
- what he enjoys most about his work and how he has a seven day „weekend”,
- the idea of the URP (Unique Referral Point) and his new book „What’s your URP? Don’t just make a living; make a life.”,
- what is helpful for small businesses to grow and how Solution Focus can be helpful in this process,
- the shift from „doing“ to „noticing“ observable noticeable differences and the differences this shift made for him,
- the challenges that people face who want to bring Solution Focus into the business world,
- his passion as member of the committee of the UKASFP (UK Association for Solution Focused Practice) and SFiO (Solution Focus in Organisations),
- the power of stories and why to make someone else the hero of the story.
- The challenge of the week: „Notice when someone has made a difference and compliment the person for it.”
- Check out Andrew’s profile on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Find out what Andrew offers on his website “Business Services Leeds”,
- Read Andrew’s book “What’s your URP? Don’t just make a living; make a life.” and join Andrew’s “What’s your URP” facebook group.
- Learn more about Business Network International (BNI) and the Chapter Leeds.
- Get to know the UKASFP (UK Association for Solution Focused Practice) and SFIO (Solution Focus in Organisations).
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Andrew and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!