SFP 7 – Episode 7: Effective Leadership with Solution Focus: Interview with Monica Rotner, Division Manager of the Community Justice Service, Boulder
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #7
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny | Intro: Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 7 - Episode 7: Effective Leadership with Solution Focus: Interview with Monica Rotner
“There is something about Solution Focus language and tools that suddenly simplifies all that and really allows a large number of people to spend more time thinking about what they want more of and how they want their future to look.”
“I think the work that we all do, which is sometimes difficult work, especially in criminal justice where people have a lot of crisis in their lives, it’s really amazing to feel you’re effective.”Monica Rotner
In today’s episode, Elfie talks with Monica Rotner, Division Manager of the Community Justice Service in Boulder, about
- what fascinates Monica with Solution Focus
- the differences Solution Focus makes in her daily life as a leader
- examples of what she does as a leader these enhance co-creating an environment for change
- how they co-created a different kind of work environment in her division 8 years ago
- how she dealt with unrealistic inputs in the process of co-creating their vision
- how she deals with things that cannot be done as they are non-negotionable
- how they applied scales and scaling questions to co-create strategies to get from the current reality to the future vision
- how they keep the vision a living thing that’s always changing too
- the importance of walking the talk as a leader
- what has been great about using Solution Focus in their work at the Community Justice Service
- the difference staying curious makes
- The weekly challenge: Take a few minutes every day and notice the people around you that are inspiring one tiny little way of doing something different. It might not even be somebody you know. It just could be somebody you see on the street who inspires you. Be observant and look around for people that are role models.
- Check out this years’ SFBTA conference, November 7th-10th, 2018, in Boulder, Colorado. We’ll be there and are very much looking forward to it!
- Monica Rotner is board member of the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Association.
- In her function as Division Manager of the Community Justice Service in Boulder, Colorado, Monica is leading 80 employees.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
SFonTour meets Community Justice Service, Boulder!
Join the conversation
Let’s make a difference for others, share your insights, and ask great questions! And be in contact with Monica. Ask her questions, tell her what fascinates and inspired you. Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you.