SFP 67 – Episode 67: Building on What Works: A Different Kind of Conversation in School Counseling with Erin Cusanno, NCC, LMHC
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #67
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 67 - Episode 67: Building on What Works: A Different Kind of Conversation in School Counseling with Erin Cusanno, NCC, LMHC
In today’s episode, we talk with Erin Cusanno, Solution-Focused Practitioner, School Counselor (NCC) and Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus,
- how her conversations as school counselor have changed with Solution Focus and the differences this has made,
- how she got in touch with Solution Focus,
- how she landed in a train-the-trainer course with Brenda Zalter-Minden and Heather Fiske at the SFBTA conference in Santa Fe and what fascinated her back then,
- how she started using it in her own work as school counselor and how she started to train school administrators and others in her school district and in the community,
- how she builds on what works and does more of it,
- her experiences at the SFU conference and at BRIEF Summer School,
- the mastery and art of Solution-Focused practice,
- acknowledging and honoring it when clients share their struggles,
- the power of a small step,
- the valuable differences that talking with Solution-Focused practitioners can make.
- The Challenge of the week: „Challenge yourself to take a small step in a direction that feels helpful to you.”
- Check out Erin’s profile on PsychologyToday and connect with Erin Cusanno Counseling on Facebook.
- Learn more about the SFBTA and join us at this years SFBTA conference from November 6-9, 2019, in Montréal. The conference will be bilingual in French and English!
- Check out the SFU and the upcoming SFU conference from January 30 – February 1, 2020, in Texas Hills Country. To get some great vibes from the 2019 SFU conference go and listen to episode #48 of the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast.
- Here you can find out more about the Brief Summer School, taking place from August 12-16, 2019, in London.
- Want to join Teri Pichot’s 2019 Solution Focused Summer Intensive from July 15-19, 2019? Click here. To learn more about Teri Pichot and her work we also recommend podcast #38.
- To get a glimpse of what made Erin so excited about Brenda Zalter-Minden’s and Heather Fiske’s train-the-trainer class listen to episode #37 of our SIMPLY FOCUS podcast. We joined Brenda, Heather and their participants at last years’ train-the-trainer training at the SFBTA conference in Boulder.
- The 2019 EBTA conference takes place in Florence from September 20-22, 2019. We will be there too!
- There’s still a chance to join the UKASFP conference 2019 from July 11-12, 2019, in Bath. We are looking forward to seeing you there!
- The Austrian Solution Circle is celebrating its 10 years anniversary in 2019/2020. Join this years’ ASC conference from October 4-6, 2019, in Upper Austria – just a few kilometers from where Elfie grew up 😉
- For further upcoming events like the SOL Summer Retreat 2019, the EBTA Summer Camp 2019, and many more please check the SF Community Calendar. And please also add your Solution Focused events to this calendar to show what’s going on in this awesome worldwide community. Thank you, dear Rolf F. Katzenberger, for putting this calendar together and a “Thank You” to everyone who helps making this calendar a vivid overview of SF events by adding upcoming Solution Focused events to this source!
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Erin and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.