SFP 65 – Episode 65: Nothing special about it – From Mental Health to End of Life and Grief Counseling with Joel K. Simon, LCSW
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #65
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 65 - Episode 65: Nothing special about it - From Mental Health to End of Life and Grief Counseling with Joel Simon
In today’s episode, we talk with Joel K. Simon, Solution Focused Clinical Social Worker and Therapist, LCSW, BCD, ASW, and program chair of the SFBTA conference 2019, about
- what attracted him about Solution Focus and still fascinates him today
- how and when he got in touch with Solution Focus and how he introduced Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) in the agency he worked for
- his learning journey with stories with the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Center (BFTC), Insoo Kim Berg, Steve de Shazer, Dan Gallagher and others
- working with people instead of diagnosis or labels
- End of Life and Grief Counseling with Solution Focus
- time for problem talk and a different perspective
- Seeing opportunities in dialogue, his research, and his article „Opportunities: Organizing the Solution-Focused interview“ with Lance Taylor
- the program of the SFBTA conference 2019 in Montreal
- challenging your assumptions
- The challenge of the week: „Find out what’s working and do more of it.”
- Get to know Joel on Psychology today or get in touch with him on LinkedIn.
- Read Joel’s books:
- Check out his article “Opportunities: Organizing the Solution-Focused Interview”
- Join us at the SFBTA conference 2019 in Montreal, November 6-9.
- Sara Smock Jordan’s, Adam Froerer’s, and Janet Bavelas’ article “Microanalysis of Positive and Negative Content in Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Expert Sessions”.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Joel and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.