SFP 63 – Episode 63: The Flip Side of Failing: Exploring Greatness with Sarah McVanel
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #63
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 63 - Episode 63: The Flip Side of Failing: Exploring Greatness with Sarah McVanel
“You always have a choice to recognize that greatness and to ask yourself what could I do right now that would live into my greatness.”
“What if in fact that failing in this way were actually the best possibility that could have ever happened to you in your life?”
“And what else is possible?”Sarah McVanel
In today’s episode, we talk with Sarah McVanel, Speaker, Author, HR & OD Professional, about
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus and what changed for her with SF,
- recognition of greatness when working with teams,
- FROG – Forever Recognize Others’ Greatness – and how to „frog“ people,
- her new book the „Flip Side of Failing“ and how people handle failing,
- Solution Focused questions to refocus and elevate,
- her vision for her life right now and the steps she took with her family to make this come true,
- how our conversation when visiting Sarah in her home inspired her for her new book,
- redefining the stories we tell each other and ourselves,
- being involved in the community or how Sarah started and has grown her business.
- The Challenge of the week: Think of a label you give yourself, decide if it is working for you, and if no, allow yourself to envision a different possibility and a more helpful description.
- Learn more about Sarah, her offers, and how she magnifies greatness on her website!
Here >>> you can find Sarah’s books and further FROG materials.
Become part of the Great Happy People Facebook group.
- Here you’ll find more about Sarah’s GreatnessBiz.
- You might also want to listen to her daily FROG Flash briefing on Amazon Alexa or Podbean and follow her YouTube Channel for inspiring inputs.
- Check out the quiz that will soon be available here >>>.
- And here you find The FLIP Side of Failure Roadmap and join The FROG Portal membership site.
- In episode #45 of the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast we conversed with Ellen Quick about how and why she includes obstacles when asking the miracle question.
Meet Sarah and many other SF practitioners at this years SFBTA conference in Montréal, Canada from November 6-9, 2019!
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Sarah and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.