SFP 62 - Episode 62: Connecting People: How do you do it? with Kati Hankovszky
„This interest in how someone did something, makes the story even better. (…) the observer’s eye and the observer’s curiosity delivers also a big piece.“
„And I think this type of thinking – if the circumstances change and not follow your plan, then think about what is really important to me and how do I want that – that’s a helpful thinking.“
„What I really want to invest in is making thoughts of each other available for each other and allowing exchange about our ways of working.”Katalin Hankovszky
In today’s episode, we talk with Katalin Hankovszky, Solution Focused trainer and coach, chair of the Swiss Network for Solution Focused Work, organizer of many Solution Focused conferences, and member of the SolutionSurfers, about
- what fascinates her about Solution Focus,
- her Solution Focused journey and doing the work her way,
- their SF-way of organizing the SOLWorld-conference 2005 in Interlaken,
- how they dealt with „troubles“ while organizing this year’s SOLWorld-conference in Budapest,
- her best hopes from bringing people together, building SF networks, translating SF books, and encouraging SF exchange,
- what she would like to see more of in the SF communities she is in,
- her transforming work inside organizations, like e.g. her work as Chair of the Swiss Network for Solution Focused Work,
- what she learned from her work of connecting people for her work in and with organizations,
- checking for the attractiveness of what people want to do to foster sustainability of engagement,
- their teamwork and how they managed for the right people to show up at the right time,
- going with her full energy for what she wishes for and enjoying what she gets,
- The challenge of the week: „Think who you really want to do a task together with and tell them. If you have to do this task with someone else, be grateful for exactly the people you are doing it with.“
- Find out more about Kati’s work at Handlungsspielraueme.ch, SolutionSurfers, and SolutionSurfers Hungary
Read more about Kat’s influence on Re-tuning in Peter Szabo’s book “Less Than 0 Seconds: The Art of Re-tuning … When Life Does not Stick to Plan”
- Check out the Swiss Network for Solution Focused Work (NLA)
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Kati and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!