SFP 61 – Episode 61: Crossing Paths: Solution-Focused Practices and Community Building in Slovakia with Andrea Schovancová and Marek Koreň
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #61
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 61 - Episode 61: Crossing Paths: Solution Focused Practices and Community Building in Slovakia with Andrea Schovancová and Marek Koreň
“What is this first microstep which I can do and what is the evidence that things are moving or improving?”
“We have a vision at GGB to have self-realized people, to have the leaders who are able to work with human potential, and have skills to create a learning environment. And Solution Focus is great for this, for fulfilling this vision.”
“We implement a lot of tools in current processes like recruitment, talent review, performance management, lean approach, preparing business strategy. And I would say, in a very easy way, it’s inviting people in every area of the company to be part of the decision making process.”
“I provide the choice for leaders to join or not and provide enough time to decide what is most effective for them.”Andrea Schovancová
“This is a nice example which can be also used in our daily interactions: Instead of the problems we can ask what we would like to have instead.”
“By defining what we want and by defining what really works and what we would like to keep, (we can) simply do more of it. This also in the same moment opened the door for changes, which were even more and much faster accepted by the people.”
“You can also ask yourself, what you would like to celebrate.”Marek Koreň
In today’s episode, we talk with Andrea Schovancová, HR Manager at GGB Slovakia and Marek Koreň, CFO at Team Industries, s.r.o., about
- what fascinates them with Solution Focus,
- their Solution Focused journeys and how their paths crossed,
- how they use Solution Focus in their companies and the differences this is making,
- how they collaborate to share Solution Focus in their communities, in schools, in families, in their everyday life,
- Ben Furman’s Kid Skills and how they promote this in their local teacher’s community,
- how Solution Focus can support to build communities,
- the importance of stopping for a while and (re)focusing
- The Challenge of the week: „Stop for half an hour. Make a list of 15-20 people or stories that inspired you. Select one of them and call the person or write the person and tell her or him about the differences it made.”
- Find out more about the Slovak Solution Focused online book club and about DadaLa on their respective Facebook pages.
- Connect with Andrea Schovancová and Marek Koreň on Facebook and LinkedIn and by liking their DadaLa-Facebook page.
- Klára Giertlová and her coaching school in Slovakia.
- Here >>> you can learn more about Ben Furman’s Kids’ Skills.
- Find out more about the great work of Dalet in Oloumouc, Czech Republic.
- For upcoming SOL World events please check out the SF Community Calendar. And please also add your Solution Focused events to this calendar to show what’s going on in this awesome worldwide community. Thank you, dear Rolf F. Katzenberger, for putting this calendar together and a “Thank You” to everyone who helps making this calendar a vivid overview of SF events by adding upcoming Solution Focused events to this source!
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Crossing Paths in Slovakia
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Andreá and Marek and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.