SFP 57 – Episode 57: Our Perception matters: How to be minutely curious about clients being at their best with Dr. Adam Froerer
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #57
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 57 - Episode 57: Our Perception matters: How to be minutely curious about clients being at their best with Dr. Adam Froerer
„There are also these other moments in your life where you are at your very best or the kind of person that you want to be. Could you tell me about that person?”
„Each day people are saying, don’t look at me like I am amazing. And we have the opportunity to try to push past and say „You are not going to win this one, I am going to see you as amazing.“
In today’s episode, we talk with Dr. Adam Froerer, Assoc. Prof. at Mercer University, about
- what fascinates him with Solution Focus,
- how questions change with a different perception or how to be minutely curious about clients being at their best,
- how to come to more meaningful places with Solution Focus,
- focusing on change in the past, present and/or the future,
- how to practice to see people at their best,
- „late nights“ – a family ritual or how Adam and his wife have important conversations with their children,
- how he uses Solution Focus with his students at Mercer University or staying persistent in seeing people as capable of figuring out their own answers,
- his research project about different pre-suppositions in Solution Focus,
- practicing language or the importance of understanding how language is used, listening and understanding the meaning of the client,
- The challenge of the week: Find a person that you don’t know (…) and practice finding out about their brilliance. What do you do best? How did you get good at that? …”
- Get in contact with Adam Froerer at Mercer University, check out his publications on researchgate and his latest co-authored book “Solution-Focused Brief Therapy with Clients Managing Trauma”
- Check out the SFIO audio talk “What pre-suppositions are hiding in your questions?” with Adam Froerer and Katalin Hankovszky
Join the conversation
We are minutely curious. Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Adam and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!