SFP 54 – Episode 54: Wellness factor Solution Focus: A conversation about SF supervision with Assoc. Prof. Marcella Stark, Ph.D.
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #54
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 54 - Episode 54: Wellness factor Solution Focus: A conversation about SF supervision with Marcella Stark
In today’s episode, we talk with Marcella Stark, Ph.D, Assoc. Professor at the TCU Counseling Program, and Board Member of the SFBTA, about
- her fascinations for Solution Focus and the differences it has made for her,
- how Solution Focus is not only for positive people,
- how she supports students that Solution Focus gets more natural and in becoming more curious about their own progress,
- creative Solution Focused ways, like working with miniatures when supervising students,
- scaling, goal setting or moving from horror figures to superheroes,
- what fits best when or when does the miracle question fit better, when do fast forwarding question fit best,
- what drew her to Solution Focused supervision and what differences applying SF makes for her and her students,
- her research projects and insights in applying Solution Focus in different settings, like counseling, leadership, and supervision,
- the Solution Focused community and her engagement in the SFBTA.
- The Challenge of the week: „Look at how far you’ve come in your journey and answer yourself „how“? How did I do that? How did I get here? How did I know to do that?“
- Find out more about the Master of Education in Counseling Program and about the Ph.D. Program in Counseling and Counselor Education at Texas Christian University.
- Here you can find Becky Taylor’s article in the International Journal of Play Therapy “Sandtray and solution-focused therapy” that Marcella mentioned.
- You might also be interested in listening to our podcast with Becky Taylor: SFP 53 Solution-Focused Therapy with Children and Adolescents.
- In the Simply Focus Podcast Episode #38 you can learn more about Teri Pichot and her solution-focused training programs.
- Here you can find out more about WOWW – Working on What Works: Classroom Solutions.
- Marcella is board member of the SFTBA – Solution Focused Brief Therapy Association and member of the SFBTA research committee.
- In episode #9 of the Simply Focus podcast we talked with Stephen Langer.
- Join this year’s SFBTA conference 2019 in Montréal, November 6-9, 2019.
- The SOLWorld conference 2019 takes place in Budapest, Hungary, from May, 23-25, 2019 and the EBTA conference 2019 will take place from September 20-22, 2019 in Florence.
- And here in the SF Community Calendar you can find many more Solution Focused events. You are also invited to add your Solution Focused events to the calendar to show what’s going on in the SF communitiy worldwide.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Marcella and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.