SFP 52 – Episode 52: Happy Birthday Simply Focus Podcast: A meaningful conversation about our journey with John Murphy
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #52
Hosted by: John Murphy | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com & John Murphy
SFP 52 - Episode 52: Happy Birthday Simply Focus Podcast: A meaningful conversation about our journey with John Murphy
“It’s not only about bringing Solution Focus for the sake of bringing Solution Focus (…) The bigger message for us that’s truly important to us is bringing joy and ease to the world.”Elfie Czerny
“It was always about this preferred future. And this preferred future led us to so many different spots that we could never have imagined.”Dominik Godat
In today’s episode, our guest host Prof. John Murphy talks with us, Elfie & Dominik, about
- what Solution Focused ideas have helped us to do our journey and have sustained traveling for almost 2 years,
- the potential of the assumption that change is happening all the time,
- what kept us going, especially when it didn’t go the way we wanted it to,
- the power of our preferred future and the turn our journey took after connecting to the Solution Focused community in North America,
- the meaning of receiving the Steve de Shazer Memorial award 2018 at the SFBTA conference,
- our aim to share the great Solution Focused work that people do and build up an audio library for the SF community and beyond,
- giving and receiving or how we bring Solution Focus to people who may not come in touch with it otherwise and the differences these conversations made for us,
- bringing joy and ease to the world and making differences in people’s lives,
- appreciating differences and the advantages of different versions of Solution Focus,
- the basic assumptions that most Solution Focused practitioners, who we met, share,
- how we engage people in meaningful conversations – in one to one meetings and when working with groups, e.g. with University students at several Universities we were invited to in the US,
- supporting each other and going the journey together as a Team Solution Focus,
- connections and the hope Solution Focus can instill in other people and ourselves,
- The Challenge of the week: „Go out and tell 5 people in your life about SF on Tour and tune in to the ideas of Dominik and Elfie.”
- Our guest host Prof. John Murphy is professor of psychology at the University of Central Arkansas, a Solution Focused practitioner for many years, and a great musician. We are excited to have him on our Simply Focus Podcast soon – Stay tuned for episode #56!
- Nancy Kline’s book “Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind.”
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation as well as the first year of the Simply Focus Podcast and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!