SFP 5 – Episode 5: The GREAT Relationship: Interview with Jonathan D. Sherman, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #5
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Jonathan D. Sherman |Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 5 - Episode 5: The GREAT Relationship: Interview with Jonathan D. Sherman
“And so that’s what I love about it is that it’s a very hopeful approach that shows us possibilities, that shows us ways out of stuckness, helps people feel that there are so many possibilities and things that they can do.”Jonathan D. Sherman
In today’s episode, we talk with Jonathan D. Sherman, a Solution Focused Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, about
- what fascinates Jonathan about Solution Focus
- what differences Solution Focus makes in his family life
- how he refocuses and trains his focus
- appreciation and more secrets to have a great relationship with his wife Cara and their kids
- what the GREAT relationship looks like and how it works: commitment, appreciation, loving behavior
- how desired emotions are generated with consistent behavior
- the power and reciprocity of “turning towards” behavior and hyper appreciation
- The weekly challenge is actually a 30 day experiment: Pick a loved one and refuse to say anything negative to them (no criticism, no complaint) and instead everyday find something to sincerely appreciate them for and verbalise it or write it to them.
- Check out Jonathan’s website MarriageEnvy.com to find out more about “The GREAT Relationship Work” and let yourself inspire for your GREAT relationship by Jonathan’s special projects such as the The 365 Love Quotes Project or the The 52 Love Songs Projects.
- And don’t miss Jonathan’s Chalkbus 🙂
- or his Heavy Mental Hour Podcast
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!
Hearty meets Chalkbus!
Join the conversation
Let’s make a difference for others, share your insights, and ask great questions! And be in contact with Jonathan. Ask him questions, tell him what you like about the GREAT relationship, and let him know what works in your relationship. Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you.