SFP 47 – Episode 47: Solution Focused Recipes: From Trauma to Everyday Life with Yvonne Dolan
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #47
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 47 - Episode 47: Solution focused recipes: From trauma to everyday life with Yvonne Dolan
„I think the Solution Focused approach helps us find even the smallest difference that can make a difference.“
„I am fascinated by that sort of idea of how to use a Solution Focused approach to inform a meaningful life.“
„One of the things I remember from watching Steve and watching Insoo over the years, is the importance of asking these questions in a way that leaves no doubt that you want to know the answer.”
“Solution Focused questions are so simple and many of them are sort of formulaic when you first learn them, and it’s easy to skip over the importance of asking them in a soulful, heartfelt way.“Yvonne Dolan
In today’s episode, we talk with Yvonne Dolan, M.A., founding member of the Institute for Solution-Focused Therapy, internationally acclaimed author, lecturer, trainer, and therapist about
- Solution-focused recipes and the role of food in developing Solution Focus,
- what fascinates her and has fascinated her with Solution Focus,
- how she got in touch with Solution Focus, ended up on the team at the BFTC and started her own SF team in Denver,
- her friendships with Insoo Kim Berg and Steve de Shazer,
- her interest in Solution Focus in everyday life,
- the Solution Focused approach to trauma and what we can learn for a meaningful life,
- how she met her husband Terry Trepper,
- the importance of compassion, counterbalance, and coping,
- a story of the miracle question or how a patient spent her last days,
- asking Solution Focused questions in a heartfelt, soulful way,
- explicit and implicit hope in Solution Focused questions,
- the importance of ending Solution Focused sessions with evidence-based compliments.
- The Challenge of the week: „Give evidence-based compliments to the people in your life.”
- Learn more about Yvonne Dolan and check out her books on the website of the Institute for Solution Focused Therapy.
- The book “Encounters with Steve de Shazer and Insoo Kim Berg: Inside Stories of Solution-Focused Brief Therapy” edited by Manfred Vogt, Ferdinand Wolf, Peter Sundman and Heinrich N. Dreesen.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Yvonne and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!