SFP 46 – Episode 46: Solution Focus for every-body with Mark Mitchell
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #46
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 46 - Episode 46: Solution Focus for every-body with Mark Mitchell
“Oh, this is an Insoo moment (…) What song would we sing that would tell us the miracle was starting to happen? (…) And then I got fascinated with this whole singing question, because I noticed how the room changed.“
“I think the thing that is most important is: You do move from a ‘we’ to a ‘me’. (…) and it’s better when you move from a ‘we’ to a ‘we’. (…) The more sense of tribe people have in coming home, the better off they are.”
“Find something to enjoy and what works, especially what makes you feel good, and that means your body not just your brain.”Mark Mitchell
In today’s episode, we talk with Mark Mitchell, Solution Focused Marriage and Family therapist, coach, and seminar leader about
- what has fascinated him with Solution Focus since the 80’s,
- what makes Mark so passionate about bringing SF into many different fields,
- the miracle question using singing,
- including the body, movement and songs in Solution Focus – the questions he asks and the language he uses,
- how he notices that these questions might be useful and what he does when they are not,
- when to give advice and tell people instead of asking Solution Focused questions,
- his work with veterans and active military like the Navy Seals,
- scale walk or solution walk and the embodied experiences of participants,
- power posing,
- how to support the transition period from an active military to a veteran or coming from a „we“ to a „me“,
- the importance of tribe and community,
- keeping your practice vital, listening and not thinking too much.
- The challenge of the week: „Find something to enjoy and what works, especially what makes you feel good.”
- Check out Mark Mitchell’s website >>>.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Mark and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.