SFP 39 – Episode 39: Creating Ripples: 7 questions every leader should ask with Simon Lee
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #39
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 39 - Episode 39: Creating Ripples: 7 questions every leader should ask with Simon Lee
“Participants in organizations that come to a meeting, they also bring with them their own questions. So if we just pay attention to what they are looking for, we naturally will arrive at achieving an outcome that is co-created.”
“Because we all know that behind every complaint there is a wish, behind every problem they are facing there is a hope that things could get better.“
“When we started BRIEF Academy our intention was to create more ripples of Solution Focus across Asia.“Simon Lee
In today’s episode, we talk with Simon Lee, Managing Partner of Brief Academy in Singapore and Accredited Master Executive Coach about
- what fascinates him with Solution Focus
- how he met Solution Focus and what changed for him with SF
- how the “7 questions every leader should ask“ originated and how they can be used to have more effective meetings
- how to pay attention to what employees are looking for
- the exact sequence of the 7 questions
- what differences these questions can make
- what fascinates him with training Solution Focused coaches and what they do at the Brief Academy Singapore
- how they focus on the clients in their trainings and let them create the agenda for the day
- how their trainings have developed and how they learn from their clients
- the differences SF has made in his family life
- how he promotes Solution Focus in other areas of life and how the work becomes lighter with SF
- The Challenge of the week: 1) Come up with positive questions that you would like to be asked and 2) give a friend two or three of these questions and 3) ask them to ask you these questions the next time you meet.
- Check out their website and learn more about the Brief Academy Singapore and Simon’s work.
- Download the 7 Questions every Leader should Ask, try them out in your meetings and let Simon and us know in the comments section below what differences that made!
- Here you can find a description of the Cynefin-Framework that Simon mentioned.
- As Simon mentioned the use the dice format for their 7 questions was inspired by Jesper H. Christiansen’s The Minute Dice – a great self-coaching tool which is also available as an App in currently 14 languages.
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you about our conversation with Simon and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.