SFP 37 – Episode 37: Training Solution Focus: Training Trainers with Brenda Zalter-Minden and Heather Fiske
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #37
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny & Ken Brooks | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 37 - Episode 37: Training Solution Focus: Training Trainers with Brenda Zalter-Minden and Heather Fiske
“So, one of the ways I think about it is, it’s where the juice is. (…) and there are just those times when someone talks about a particular question or interest they have and the whole room is going „Yeah! Yeah!“ and so of course you are going to expand on that.”Heather Fiske
In today’s episode, we are live at the SFBTA pre-conference “Train the Trainer”-workshop with Brenda Zalter-Minden and Heather Fiske, who facilitate the two days, and talk with them about
- what fascinates them about the “Train the Trainer“-course and about training trainers
- how they started the „Train the Trainer“-course and invited the participants to bring in their expertise
how they do this training in a Solution Focused way
what the other person is doing that is unique for the other person, Solution Focused and very useful
how they respond to the participants to foster learning
- their best hopes for the second day or what they would like the participants to say at the end of the second day
- their learnings from the Train-the-Trainer-journey over the years
- how they listen and pay attention to their participants
And we listened to some of the participants and asked
- Marcella Stark, Nicolas Taylor, Aryeh Keshet
- what inspired them or fascinated them on the first day of the “Train the Trainer“-course,
- what Heather Fiske and Brenda Zalter-Minden did that supported them in their learning,
- what they learned about training trainers,
- Michelle Orr
- how she might notice in the upcoming weeks and months that this training was useful for her and her “Train the Trainer“-courses,
- what has already been useful and helpful in the course of the first one and a half days,
- Jay Valusek
- what it was that showed him that this training was Solution Focused,
- how Heather and Brenda invited the participants to join this co-creation process,
- how he might notice in the future that this training will be beneficial,
- Kristy Townsend
- what was important and really made a difference for her,
- what Heather and Brenda did that was important for her learning,
- how she might notice that she used the learnings in her trainings.
- Check out the Solution Focused Brief Therapy Association and SAVE THE DATE for next year’s SFBTA conference in Montreal, Canada, November 6th-9th 2019.
Celebrating Solution Focus with Heather Fiske and Brenda Zalter-Minden!
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.