SFP 32 – Episode 32: Small steps count: A conversation about SF parenting, SF in Japan and more with Keiko Yoneyama, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #32
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 32 - Episode 32: Small steps count: A conversation about SF parenting, SF in Japan and more with Keiko Yoneyama
„If you are in a generally good mood, you are able to do hard stuff along the way.“
„They can figure out like ‘oh what works for us?‘ instead of me prescribing like ‘You need to do this, you need to do that.‘.
„And asking them ‚So what would you like instead?‘ that relieved me from guessing work.”
„Yeah, I really really love these interactions and the different ideas, and different inspirational things or what worked for them applying the Solution Focus.”Keiko Yoneyama, MA LMFT
In today’s episode, we talk with Keiko Yoneyama, a Solution Focused Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and host of the international SF book club, about
- how we slept in a drive-in theatre in our RV
- what fascinates her with Solution Focus
- how she works with children and how SF helps them to talk
- her work with parents, mothers and women in postpartum period
- how she focuses on small changes and small steps
- how she applies Solution Focus with her children and what she found out works well for them
- how she offers mothers a space to talk in her parent support groups and how SF comes in there
- the differences between Solution Focus in the US and in Japan
- the international Solution Focused book club she hosts
- allowing yourself to be ok if things don’t work
- Challenge of the week: „Look for the SF essence in what you are reading or what you are hearing to celebrate the SF assumptions.”
- Find out more about Keiko Yoneyama and her work at Small Steps Count Counseling on her website.
- Check out the SFBTA Conference 2018, November 7-10 in Boulder, Colorado, where we do a panel on SF parenting with Keiko Yoneyama and Pamela King
- Join Keiko’s international Solution Focused book club
- Read the poem “What’s in the sack?” by Shel Silverstein
- Listen to the Solution Focus playlist hosted by Jonas Wells on Spotify
Join the conversation
Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.
Do you like the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast? Then help Elfie and Dominik spread the word! Donate for the SIMPLY FOCUS Podcast!