SFP 24 – Episode 24: Being in Love with Love: Interview with Elliott Connie, MA, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #24
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 24 - Episode 24: Being in Love with Love: Interview with Elliott Connie
“Anybody can learn these questions. I mean its not hard to do. But what you have to learn how to do is, how do you ask these questions in an optimistic, presuppositional, caring way when someone is in their worst space.“
„I don’t see it as my job to save the marriage. It’s my job to help people live in a congruent way that’s moving more towards their best hopes.”
„What I do think very strongly is, if I just can be in love with the environment, if I just can be in love with the space, if I just can be in love with love, then the rightest thing will happen next.“
„Suppose you walked out of your RV tomorrow and you stepped into a land where Dominik and Elfie, for whatever reason, were happier than you`ve ever been before. What’s the first thing you will notice? In order to answer that question you have to jump into a future conversation, you have to get into a certain state of mind to do that, and that state of mind is presuppositional, that state of mind has emotions attached to it, that state of mind is optimistic, that state of mind is very positive. And people experience a benefit when they answer questions like that.“Elliott Connie
In today’s episode, we talk with Elliott Connie, MA, LPC, Psychotherapist, Author, Researcher, Lecturer, and Founder and President of the Solution Focused University (SFU) about
- what fascinates him about Solution Focus
- how Solution Focus makes logical sense
- how he shares his work and makes Solution Focus visible
- how his book „The Solution Focused marriage“ inspired us
- re-experiencing moments of joy
- that something transformative happens when we re-co-construct a memory and co-construct a future
- his priority of supporting people moving towards their best hopes
- how he co-constructs the future and past with clients and invites them into an optimistic, positive state of mind
- that we have to train ourselves when we say someone is beautiful, smart or wonderful to also share how come and what’s right
- his recent journey to South Africa with the train of hope
- what Elliott does in his trainings that is specific Elliott
- what we can do to fall in love with love, with hope, and with caring for humanity
- his upcoming Solution Focused University Conference in Taos and about creating a conference that inspires, educates and has „WEness“ attached to it
- reaching people that are not easy to reach and bring them the message of hope
- The challenge of the week: 1) Think of the most beautiful, utopic world you’d like to live in. If you could design the world in the most wonderful, beautiful ways: Think of what that would look like and with intention go look for it, because you likely already live in a world that has most of what you would want in your utopia anyway. Spend more of your time looking for your utopia. 2) Do something every day to or for someone else that makes their utopia easier for them to see.
- Find out more about Elliott Connie, his inspiring vlog “SFBT moments” and his publications on his website.
- Check out Elliot’s marriage & family therapy practice in Keller, Texas
- Here you can find out more about the SFU – The Solution Focused U.
- The 2019 Solution Focused University Conference will take place from February 7-9, 2019 in Taos. Check it out!
Joyful memories reminding us to celebrate the various precious moments with Elliott in Fort Worth at Sundance Square and beyond!
Join the conversation
Let’s inspire each other! Let us know what inspired you with this podcast and share your highlights with Elliott and ourselves. Friendpower is stronger than willpower. Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.