SFP 20 – Episode 20: FROG or Forever Recognize Other’s Greatness: Interview with the greatness detective Brenda Zalter-Minden
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #20
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 20 - Episode 20: FROG or Forever Recognize Other's Greatness: Interview with the greatness detective Brenda Zalter-Minden
„I felt like I was coming home when I met Insoo for the very first time and heard her speak about the model.“
„And so that’s what continues to surprise me to this day, is how people know what it is that they need, people know what they like, people know how they want to be seen and how they want to be appreciated. We just have to ask them.“
„It’s truly practicing what we preach not just with other people, but with our loved ones. And our loved ones start with loving ourself.”Brenda Zalter-Minden
In today’s episode, we talk with Brenda Zalter-Minden, a Solution Focused consultant and greatness detective, about
- our highlights since we are here on this beautiful „honeymoon point“ island
- what fascinates her and keeps fascinating her with Solution Focus
- the three phases of learning the Solution Focused approach
- the FROG and the acronym „Forever Recognize Other’s Greatness“ it stands for
- the differences it makes for teams, organizations, and individuals when Brenda works with them on appreciating each other and recognizing their greatness
- the different ways of giving appreciation
- the appreciative power of Solution Focused questions
- playful ways of getting people up and moving
- how to learn the best ways from our conversation partners
- her favorite questions, the surprising “tap on the shoulder“-questions, and the differences they can make
- practicing Solution Focus with ourself and our loved ones
- The Challenge of the week: 1.) Come up with at least 10 things that you really admire about yourself and write those things down 2.) Get 5 small things (5 little frogs, 5 pennies, etc.) and put them in one pocket at the beginning of the day as a reminder that there has to be at least 5 people in the day that you pay a really genuine compliment to or ask an indirect compliment kind of questions of that by the end of the day that you either handed out the five frogs or have the 5 pennies in your other pocket.
- Brenda Zalter Minden’s and Sarah Mc Vanel’s books
- and their frog card sets:
- Brenda’s website on Facebook
- Learn more about Sarah Mc Vanel and Heather Fiske
- The York Centre for children, youth and families that Brenda mentions in the podcast
Enjoying time in and around Brenda’s and Gary’s cottage!
Join the conversation
Let’s explore each other’s greatness: share your insights and inspire other people with it. And be in contact with Brenda. Ask her questions, and let her know what inspired you. Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you and what differences this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you. And please share our podcast with others that might benefit from it and give us an honest rating at iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each and every single one. You really support our show with that as this will make it more likely that other people will find the SIMPLY FOCUS podcast and benefit.