SFP 17 – Episode 17: In Tune with Solution Focus: Interview with Dr. Bo Yon Koh, Co-Director of the Canadian Centre for Brief Coaching
Simply Focus Podcast – Episode #17
Hosted by: Elfie Czerny & Dominik Godat | Intro: Bibiana Czerny | Music: www.bensound.com
SFP 17 - Episode 17: In Tune with Solution Focus: Interview with Dr. Bo Yon Koh
“When we listen to our clients’ stories what do we hear, (…) where are we focused, and so many things that they say, where does our ear get kind of magnetized to, and then how do we select it and how does that get built? That simple listen – select – build process for me is very much aligned to the concept of audiation in music.
Bo Yon Koh about microanalysis: “So for us being able to see our work in real time, being able to slow it down with microanalisyis, I thought those where very very important for us to do. So can we look at one utterance, can we look at one choice of selection and talk about that. But can we then after that do that in our real time? Has that really raised our awareness to a point where it makes a difference in our coaching?”
“I am listening for what the client wants, (…) what they seem to care about, what is important to them, and any resources that can present itself as a strength.”Dr. Bo Yon Koh
In today’s episode, we talk with Dr. Bo Yon Koh, Co-Director of the Canadian Centre for Brief Coaching, about
- what we like about Toronto
- what fascinates her about Solution Focus
- music and the connection to Solution Focus
- how she uses Solution Focus in her work as a music teacher and directing work with a choir
- the concept of audiation and its connection to SF
- the importance of reflective practice
- teaching Solution Focus
- learnings in teaching Solution Focus
- the Brieffest Summer Intensive Coaching Training at the Canadian Centre for Brief Coaching and about their passion about SF and training
- the value of recording own coaching sessions in trainings and reflecting them with microanalysis
- what she likes and inspires her most about her work
- what she is listening for
- The challenge of the week: Notice and share with us in the comments what is it that you are passionate about and what attracts you to Solution Focus?
- Check out the website of the Canadian Centre for Brief Coaching to learn more about Bo Yon Koh’s and her team’s brilliant work!
- Go ⇒ HERE to learn more about Bo Yon Koh’s work as a musician.
- AND DO CHECK OUT THE BRIEFFEST!!! Still time to go ⇒ Brieffest: Train-the-Trainer Track from 26-31 July 2018. Join us in meeting other passionate Solution Focused practitioners, in learning from and with each other, and in co-creating a joyful and inspirational learning space and lots of sparkling moments together!
Celebrating a year on the road. Thank you Bo Yon Koh & Haesun Moon for welcoming us so joyfully here in Toronto and for celebrating our journey with us!
Join the conversation
What attracts you to Solution Focus? Let’s make a difference for others, share your insights. And be in contact with Bo Yon. Ask her questions, and let her know what inspired you. Friendpower is stronger than willpower. So, let’s inspire each other! Share your ideas and thoughts on what inspired you, on what you’re passionate about and what differences all this makes for you in your everyday life. Share as much detail as possible. Your story might be the one making a vital difference for someone else. Your thoughts and ideas matter and might encourage others to keep on going their SF journey. Share this podcast episode with your friends, clients or colleagues who you think might be inspired by this conversation. It could give them some practical ideas on how to apply Solution Focus in their daily life.
Thank you for listening to our podcast. You are awesome! That you listen to our podcast makes a huge difference for us. Please let us know and get in touch with us: Comment below or send us a message and tell us what difference our podcast series makes for you.